National Senior Health and Fitness Day is May 27th.
The goal for the day is to help keep older adults healthy and fit.
To celebrate, the YMCA will host free events for seniors in our community.
The following Gtr Baton Rouge area Y locations will offer these free classes to help seniors develop healthy habits:
· Paula G. Manship YMCA: 8100 YMCA Plaza, Baton Rouge, LA 70810; 225-767-9622- Light N Low class on Thursday, May 28, at 8:30 a.m.
· Dow Westside YMCA: 3688 Sugar Plantation Parkway, Addis, LA 70710; 225-687-1123 –Pilates class on Wednesday, May 27, at 8:45 a.m. and Enhanced Fitness on Thursday, May 28 at 10:15 a.m.
· Charles W. Lamar Jr. YMCA: 521 Third Street, Baton Rouge, LA 70802; 225-612-9622 – Pilates class on Thursday, May 28, at 11 a.m.
· A. C. Lewis YMCA: 350 South Foster Drive, Baton Rouge, LA 70806; 225-924-3606– Enhanced Fitness on Wednesday, May 27, at 11 a.m. and Active Older Adults on Thursday, May 28 at 10 a.m.
· C. B. Pennington Jr. YMCA: 15550 Old Hammond Hwy, Baton Rouge, LA 70816; 225-272-9622- Light N Low on Wednesday, May 27 at 9:30 a.m. and Active Older Adults at 10:30 a.m.
· Southside YMCA: 8482 Perkins Road, Baton Rouge, La 70810; 225- 766-2991- Chair Yoga on Thursday, May 28, at 11:30a.m.
· Americana YMCA 4200 Liberty Way, Zachary, LA 70791; 225 -654-9622 - Enhance Fitness on Wednesday, May 27, at 10a.m. and Pilates on Thursday, May 28, at 11a.m.